Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Walking Dead Season 4 Finale

This blog may be influenced by other blogs and articles from the likes of CinemaBlend and THR.  I have not read any of the comics.
*SPOILER ALERTS*
As a season, I thought it was structured weirdly.  The mid-season finale should have been the season 3 finale therefore you may predict where I'm heading next.  For the second half of season 4 the group has been dispersed, after the big showdown with the Governor, and yet unified through train tracks that lead to "Terminus" which has been and for the most part still is a mystery.  According to an article I read the inhabitants of Terminus may be cannibals.  "Terminus", just say it aloud and tell me what it sounds like.  It doesn't sound good because it is reminiscent to the word terminate.  Since the first of the group saw a map with it I had a bad feeling about the place and thought they should go elsewhere however they all arrive to Terminus.

Now this episode in particular starts off with Rick, Michonne, and Carl getting up to check the traps they set for rabbits and other animals.  Rick shows and explains to Carl how the trap works.  It reminded me of the train tracks they're following to Terminus.  The trap drew a parallel to the train tracks and the path they are herded down in Terminus to the train car where Rick, Michonne, Daryl, and Carl meet the rest of the group from the prison.  
Rick, Michonne, and Carl decide to rest in and by a car on the road which in itself happens to be a trap. The group from the house and which Daryl is now a part of.  The leader wants to kill Rick for killing his buddy but Daryl steps in and gets beaten up.  I didn't expect what Rick did to the leader to happen. Since the leader had him in a bear hug, Rick bit out what I suppose was the poor bastards jugular vein.  This is interesting because it is constantly flashing back to the prison where Hershel is trying to guide Rick in guiding Carl to be a man.
There was a lot of character development and exposition that was left open.  It left me perplexed that these "hunters" were able to become the hunted by being led down a trap that is similar to the ones they set for food.  It's interesting that Terminus may be inhabited by cannibals and that Rick is borderline cannibal.  I'm looking forward to season 5 with no idea of how the group will be able to fight back and survive.  This was the perfect cliffhanger that left me wanting more, therefore I give the episode an A.

No comments:

Post a Comment