Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (Partial Review)

Yesterday I went to watch Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones which was released on January 3, 2014 in the United States of America.  It is written and directed by Christopher Landon and stars Andrew Jacobs and Jorge Diaz.   The reason the title says partial review is because I saw only about 45 minutes of the film before I got bored by the film.  The film failed to capture my interest and attention.  The dialogue between the characters was boring, images were boring, and the overall story line was boring.  The scenes meant to give insight to the characters, seemed pointless because they just fell stupid with the bafoonery they did such as sliding down the stairway in a clothes basket, and felt random.  The scenes may have interested me had the movie not used diagetic shots, meaning shots from cameras in the movie that the characters themselves use such as  The Blair Witch Project(1999), Cloverfield(2008), End of Watch(2012), and Paranormal Activity(2007).  They have lost their novelty and I feel that Paranormal Activity V risks the same thing occurring.  They worked for The Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity because they were groundbreaking and took place in common places such as the bedroom and forest.  However with this being the "fifth" film in the series, it just fails. The movie overall seems bland and failed to scare me.  I give this film an F for failing to capture my attention and interest; and because I walked out of the film halfway through and decided to see Saving Mr. Banks(2013) instead of finishing the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment